NEC 2010 Pics & Review
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

United Kingdom
549 Posts

Posted - 22 Nov 2010 :  22:55:24  Show Profile  Visit 1922's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi Martin (UMU) - I would love to see pictures of your rear suspension set up.
My '68 has weak rear springs - I'm considering a single leaf and/or coil overs so I'd love to see what has been done to your car.
Go to Top of Page

UMU

United Kingdom
343 Posts

Posted - 23 Nov 2010 :  07:11:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Thomas

Thanks for the advise, your obviously well into your cars and by the looks of it you have a really good one to work with.

1922, ill try to get some good pics for you of whats been done underneath

Go to Top of Page

Jon

United Kingdom
221 Posts

Posted - 23 Nov 2010 :  10:56:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Wouldnt mind a look at that myself. Cant get my head round that youve got lowering blocks but coil overs as well?
Get the pics up i want to see

Hillman Avenger MK1 GT,
Commer PB Pick-Up x2,
Commer PB Panel Van,
Dodge spaceavan Auto sleeper,
Triumph Stag MK1,
Chevette HS x2,
Lancia Delta Integrale,
Fiat Mk1 Uno Turbo,
Go to Top of Page

arrocuda

United Kingdom
501 Posts

Posted - 23 Nov 2010 :  14:20:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The Sierra lowering springs I used dropped the front by about 85mm..... but I left the rear standard. I look forward to seeing it next to a standard one to compare the stance, hopefully next summer. The front is strikingly low as folks that hadn't seen it before I replaced the originals, spot it almost immediately.

Building the '2nd series' fastback Rapier ('Arrocuda').

Edited by - arrocuda on 23 Nov 2010 14:21:18
Go to Top of Page

UMU

United Kingdom
343 Posts

Posted - 23 Nov 2010 :  20:19:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey buddy
Yeah ive been reading that your building your own cuda - i wish you well and am pleased your giving it a go.
I hope it turns out as you hope
Do you have photos of it so far?
cheers

Go to Top of Page

arrocuda

United Kingdom
501 Posts

Posted - 23 Nov 2010 :  20:46:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by UMU

Hey buddy
Yeah ive been reading that your building your own cuda - i wish you well and am pleased your giving it a go.
I hope it turns out as you hope
Do you have photos of it so far?
cheers

You got me there UMU.... So far I've only got the ones I've already posted but I have taken a couple more of the boot lid which is coming along nicely, but still needs work before it is ready to put back on the car. Once it's back on I'll make the effort to get it out and take some more. Problem I have is that there isn't enough room around the car to take decent pics.

At the moment I'm buying parts for the next job as my work is preventing me from getting much time to do much else, but I am hoping to get some time in on the car over xmas/new year to complete the bodywork. Then it's on to the engine for the lpg and turbo conversion. TBH the boot lid was a lot more difficult that I expected. Damned thing curves in just about every dimension that time and space will allow. ..... and I want the car to look 'factory' when it's finished so attention to detail is really important.

As others have already pointed out.... I'm finding your car to be a great inspiration too, so I'm hoping I'll get the chance to make the push forward soon.

Building the '2nd series' fastback Rapier ('Arrocuda').
Go to Top of Page

58rapier

7 Posts

Posted - 06 Feb 2012 :  09:12:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi all

I love the colours of the sunbeam rapier series 4? The white with the red flash and roof and interior.

Does someone possible have the paint codes and interior colour code for this car. Its simply beautiful. Once I have my 58 Series II mechanically sound I will being doing the body and respraying in these colours

Regards

Ettienne
Go to Top of Page

bigt80

United Kingdom
1051 Posts

Posted - 06 Feb 2012 :  19:40:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi, I think you are referring to the Series III or IIIA in Pearl Grey (paint code 16) and Pippin Red (paint code 26).
Personally, whilst it is one of my favourite colurs for III/IIIA, I don't think it suits the SerII with the big flash. I think the colour of yours is great as it is, although it does not look like a Rootes original colour?
Cheers.
Go to Top of Page

58rapier

7 Posts

Posted - 07 Feb 2012 :  06:29:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the compliment. Its not an original colour as far as I can tell as well. Once my car is mechanically sound I will want to tackle the little bit of rust there is before it gets any worse. While doing that I will be doing a respray and would love to go back to original colours. Anyone who knows of Series II colour options please let me know!

Sorry for hijacking this thread, apologies.

Go to Top of Page

Panky

United Kingdom
70 Posts

Posted - 14 Dec 2017 :  19:53:11  Show Profile  Visit Panky's Homepage  Send Panky an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by UMU

ok here goes - sorry that most are of my car, but what was i suppost to do??!!
Also was bril to meet Rapierdave

Holy thread revival Batman

I just had to I'm afraid
That was the year we were there with our Commer Auto-Sleeper on the Commervanfan stand, you can just see it peeping out behind the yellow and white one in UMU's first pic. What a weekend that was, it was the first show I'd been to after the resto and spent the whole time talking and giving guided tours of our van. By the end of it I had lost my voice and was knackered.
I think we upset the Hillman owners a bit as the people were queuing up through their stand to get to see our vans - sorry Debbie

Our stand

I was drooling a lot over UMU

Go to Top of Page

Sunbeam-mike

United Kingdom
164 Posts

Posted - 16 Dec 2017 :  09:37:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi,

More pics: https://photos.app.goo.gl/dK5WtKXyMp6gLxey1

Not so many Rapiers, but I did get @UMU 's excellent example.

I snapped as many Rootes as I could, including the rare 2 litre Chrysler that was built by Simca.

I quite liked the Commers as well. My boss used to drive them when he worked for the BBC. He said they handled like a pig on rollerskates. He must have had a duff one...

Mike Hooper
Go to Top of Page

Panky

United Kingdom
70 Posts

Posted - 16 Dec 2017 :  10:54:11  Show Profile  Visit Panky's Homepage  Send Panky an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Great pics. I had a Chrysler 180 many moons ago, big, comfortable and the most problematic car I've ever owned. It was great when it was running right but that wasn't very often
Go to Top of Page

UMU

United Kingdom
343 Posts

Posted - 07 Jan 2018 :  22:34:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sorry I haven't been on here for a while. I will try and sort that out....

Thanks for sharing guys and for the kind words.

Have a fab day today. Met Jason at Haynes with our Rapiers. If I can figure out how to get photos loading on here again, I'll get them on

Go to Top of Page

Panky

United Kingdom
70 Posts

Posted - 08 Jan 2018 :  14:57:02  Show Profile  Visit Panky's Homepage  Send Panky an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Not sure if anyone can see the pic of you fantastic car because it's hosted on Photobucket, I can because I've down-loaded a fix onto my PC (only works on Chrome) but how long it will work for is anyone's guess. I would go over to Imgur rather than keep trying with Photobucket. It works in a similar way but is a lot quicker and it's free, unfortunately it doesn't host video clips but it's excellent for pictures.
Go to Top of Page

UMU

United Kingdom
343 Posts

Posted - 12 Jan 2018 :  07:26:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Great advice, thank you.

I'm sure I only updated my photobucket account a few months ago, so will have a look.

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Sunbeam Rapier Owners Club © 2009 Sunbeam Rapier Owners Club Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000