Help!
 Brake servo
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

billmorrey

United Kingdom
12 Posts

Posted - 16 Jul 2019 :  14:10:42  Show Profile  Visit billmorrey's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I've just completed a historic rally in the Peak District, with the only issue being a brake servo failure. Alarming at the time, but quickly bypassed getting the car back on the road to complete the event and drive 200 miles home. I have a 1962 IIIa (with 1725 engine fitted,) and am wondering if the car would have had a brake servo originally? There doesn't seem a huge difference in brake performance without it, so perhaps the servo wasn't operating properly before it failed? Does anyone else have any views on brake performance with or without boost?

andyb

United Kingdom
367 Posts

Posted - 17 Jul 2019 :  08:46:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Bill

it is possible to plumb the servo out of the system (not sure if your car had one originally)
may be worth having yours overhauled these guys did mine

http://www.pastparts.co.uk/

304RYB not seen that car for a while have you recently purchased it ?its done quite a few events up north (not sure where you live)I take it you where competing in the HERO summer trial ?

sometimes nothing can be a real cool hand
Go to Top of Page

billmorrey

United Kingdom
12 Posts

Posted - 18 Jul 2019 :  09:33:28  Show Profile  Visit billmorrey's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the Past Parts contact. The servo on the car has been added at some stage, so I think I'll get it working and test before deciding if it is necessary.

304 RYB was Nick Smith's car, but has been based in Jim Clark country for a few years, with a former Scottish Rally winner (in a Rapier)

Now based in Wiltshire and still going strong.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Sunbeam Rapier Owners Club © 2009 Sunbeam Rapier Owners Club Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000