Help!
 DCOE weber 40s
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Fastback Paul

Australia
9 Posts

Posted - 10 Jul 2019 :  07:34:47  Show Profile  Send Fastback Paul an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Had a problem with my carbs for a while. As the car was imported to Australia all the gaskets were replaced in the UK throughout the car as a precaution against fouling the asbestos laws. On arrival the car wouldnt rev over 4000rpm. Timing is spot on and whatever I did the carbs ran rich. Removed old tank liner and resealed with one impervious to ULP.. replaced fuel lines and put filters in line. Car still wouldnt rev over 4000. Today took off inspection caps to main jets\ emulsion tubes and ran it...runs perfect. My question is this...a gasket had been fitted above the castleation insert...this may have been done in error as it looks like there should be a space for air to come in via the castleation insert into the top of the carb...is this right..can provide photos of what im going on about

Paul OSullivan

UMU

United Kingdom
343 Posts

Posted - 11 Jul 2019 :  07:27:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Paul

Yes, that's right. There should be no gasket in that location. It is a quirk with the H120 Weber's, which do not have a breather hole elsewhere so rely on air coming in below the cap.

Well done for figuring it out.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Sunbeam Rapier Owners Club © 2009 Sunbeam Rapier Owners Club Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000