Life in a bubble...
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author  Topic Next Topic  

JPSH120

United Kingdom
1178 Posts

Posted - 23 Aug 2024 :  11:17:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
When I lived in the UK, I was very fortunate to have a nice warm garage, due to the fact that it was virtually integral to the house, albeit without a connecting door to the house. This meant that I never had any problems that you would associate with a cold and damp garage such as corrosion, sticking clutch etc. These issues had previously been regular when the car had less comfortable sleeping arrangements. So when I moved over to France and brought the car with me, I knew I was going to have to find a solution to those old problems as the new 'garage' was going to be inside my barn, which was going to suffer from cold and damp during winter. First job was to have a concrete floor laid in the barn to cover the mud/dust etc. This was also to allow me to purchase a mobile scissor lift, but mainly to reduce the damp.
Once that was done I needed to find a permanent solution to keep the car in good fettle. I'd previously read about the inflatable chambers that you can buy to keep cars in and eventually opted for one of the indoor chambers sold by carcoon. It's a simple inflatable bag over metal structure which importantly has a constant flow of air to keep humidity and damp away. It's been absolutely fantastic and done exactly what I wanted it to, I would highly recommend them to anyone considering it. Picture below, those keen eyed readers might spot something different about my car, which is now well through the arduous process of re-registration in France!

AlanS

United Kingdom
4 Posts

Posted - 23 Aug 2024 :  13:48:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
First off, thank you for your reply to my post about fuel for my Fastback. Regarding the Carcoon, did you order a standard size for your Fastback or was it a custom size?
Go to Top of Page

JPSH120

United Kingdom
1178 Posts

Posted - 23 Aug 2024 :  16:16:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by AlanS

First off, thank you for your reply to my post about fuel for my Fastback. Regarding the Carcoon, did you order a standard size for your Fastback or was it a custom size?

Standard size, medium indoor veloce 👍
Go to Top of Page
   Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Sunbeam Rapier Owners Club © 2024 Sunbeam Rapier Owners Club Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000