Where’s it from?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Johndgriffiths

United Kingdom
7 Posts

Posted - 15 Jul 2022 :  19:02:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Pulled our Series IIIA Rapier out of the garage this morning and found an indented steel disc/cup approx 7/8in diameter with a slot in to the centre on the floor under the engine area. Quite thick metal, greasy & under sealed. I can’t see where it’s from in the manual or on the car. It looks a little like the retaining clip that secures the brake shoe to the back plate using a small coil spring on some manufacturers cars, but larger, much heavier duty with a slot to the perimeter instead of an elongated hole. It’s not the one on the brake pedal mechanism, it’s smaller and mine is still in position! Any ideas would be very much appreciated.
Thanks, John

Johndgriffiths

United Kingdom
7 Posts

Posted - 19 Jul 2022 :  12:39:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We went to the Rootes day at Gaydon. As I was getting out of the car a club member came over from his convertible and introduced himself, Ralph Dalton. I showed him the part and he immediately identified it as the retaining cup for the spring on the clutch master cylinder. I’ve not owned the car for long and can only guess that a previous owner must have removed the cylinder and dropped the cup in to the engine bay area. So, thanks Ralph, mystery solved.

Edited by - Johndgriffiths on 19 Jul 2022 12:41:35
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Sunbeam Rapier Owners Club © 2009 Sunbeam Rapier Owners Club Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000