Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

pruyter

Netherlands
320 Posts

Posted - 10 Nov 2019 :  15:35:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Right now I have no time, but I promise you that I will investigate this further tomorrow and then I will get back to you with the result of this.

Regards,

Peter

Edited by - pruyter on 10 Nov 2019 15:36:30
Go to Top of Page

pruyter

Netherlands
320 Posts

Posted - 11 Nov 2019 :  09:45:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Okay Tone, I have had now some time to study this problem and it is like I informed you before:
From spade 2 on the ignition switch there is a white wire going to the bridge on the rev counter where this wire is bend in a loop over the upper part from the bridge and continues to the plus side of the coil.
From the same spade 2 on the ignition switch a white wire is going to the warning light of the ignition switch.
Finally a black wire is going from the rev counter to earth.
And that's it!
We know already that you have the appropiate rev counter (negative earth). If the rev counter is wired as described above than there are two checks to made which are:
Check that the black wire from the rev counter to earth is really making such a contact that earth is realized. Clean the contact between the wire and earth!
Secondly check that the contact between the underside of the bridge legs are making very good contact with the contact on the backside of the rev counter.
If this is all in good order the rev counter should work and if not.....well than I suspect that there is something wrong with the rev counter.

Regards,

Peter

Edited by - pruyter on 11 Nov 2019 09:48:40
Go to Top of Page

Tone

United Kingdom
36 Posts

Posted - 11 Nov 2019 :  11:14:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks Peter, I shall go through it all again, i agree with you that perhaps the Rev counter is at fault, so I will have to find out someone who checks and repairs them, thanks again to all for your help.
Regards Tone.
Go to Top of Page

Panky

United Kingdom
70 Posts

Posted - 11 Nov 2019 :  12:08:48  Show Profile  Visit Panky's Homepage  Send Panky an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Just a thought. Have you fitted electronic ignition? I think the RV1 gauge will only work with points.

Edited by - Panky on 11 Nov 2019 12:37:58
Go to Top of Page

pruyter

Netherlands
320 Posts

Posted - 11 Nov 2019 :  12:21:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Not necessarely!
I have installed an electronic ignition (Optronic from Lumenition) in my Sunbeam Tiger which works with the original rev counter (RVI-type) without any problems.
But yes, in some cases, depending on the kind of electronic ignition, the rev counter will not work without doing some alterations to it.

Regards,

Peter

Edited by - pruyter on 11 Nov 2019 15:41:00
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Sunbeam Rapier Owners Club © 2009 Sunbeam Rapier Owners Club Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000