Rapier Series V
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Tone

United Kingdom
36 Posts

Posted - 12 Oct 2019 :  14:14:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi all, I have recently bought a Rapier series V, 1966, she’s an older restoration but still in excellent nick. She’s not an original colour being metallic green, but she is a head turner. The worst thing about her is the rubbers are not doing anything to keep the water out! I have just filled out the form to join the club, so hope to get some guidance there.
The engine on mine has been changed at some point, it’s a weird one, R5 ABE 5L 107809, I would like to know what it came out off? Or could it be from one of them after market recons?
Anyway lots of fun to be had.
Cheers Tone.

JPSH120

United Kingdom
1168 Posts

Posted - 13 Oct 2019 :  08:35:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Welcome to the forum and the club, Tone.

This isn't the busiest of forums, but someone will be able to help you with your questions I'm sure.

Jason.
Go to Top of Page

828CC

United Kingdom
55 Posts

Posted - 13 Oct 2019 :  10:48:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Tone
Have to ask.. Was it the dealer advertised one in West Sussex? I was second in line to view that one. It certainly looked the part, so do hope it not just skin deep...
Can't help with the engine number, but of course with the age and plethora of other 1725 units that will fit (Hillman, Humber, Singer et al) it's not unusual to find one without the 'original' power plant.
Good luck with it :-)
CBC
Go to Top of Page

Tone

United Kingdom
36 Posts

Posted - 13 Oct 2019 :  13:49:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi CBC, Yes it was the one from West Sussex, she seems to be sound all round, I do have to sort the rubbers out though! I have just joined the club, I’m hoping there might be some help sourcing rubbers, hope so.
Do you live local? Have you got an old banger?
Cheers Tone.
Go to Top of Page

828CC

United Kingdom
55 Posts

Posted - 13 Oct 2019 :  16:30:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Tone... I'm in (not so) sunny Essex, and no, no 'old banger' as yet. Did have a Series V in my youth but in the following years family and longer commutes meant more 'sensible' cars prevailed. Did keep the 'Classic' appetite sated with British motorcycles, but now retirement looms and my transport can be 'toy' rather than 'tool', I have a Sunbeam type itch that needs scratching... Hence my (renewed) membership here....
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Sunbeam Rapier Owners Club © 2009 Sunbeam Rapier Owners Club Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000