Sunbeam Rapier Owners Club
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Introduce yourself
 Rapier Series V

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Insert an Image File

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Tone Posted - 12 Oct 2019 : 14:14:08
Hi all, I have recently bought a Rapier series V, 1966, she’s an older restoration but still in excellent nick. She’s not an original colour being metallic green, but she is a head turner. The worst thing about her is the rubbers are not doing anything to keep the water out! I have just filled out the form to join the club, so hope to get some guidance there.
The engine on mine has been changed at some point, it’s a weird one, R5 ABE 5L 107809, I would like to know what it came out off? Or could it be from one of them after market recons?
Anyway lots of fun to be had.
Cheers Tone.
4   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
828CC Posted - 13 Oct 2019 : 16:30:42
Hi Tone... I'm in (not so) sunny Essex, and no, no 'old banger' as yet. Did have a Series V in my youth but in the following years family and longer commutes meant more 'sensible' cars prevailed. Did keep the 'Classic' appetite sated with British motorcycles, but now retirement looms and my transport can be 'toy' rather than 'tool', I have a Sunbeam type itch that needs scratching... Hence my (renewed) membership here....
Tone Posted - 13 Oct 2019 : 13:49:00
Hi CBC, Yes it was the one from West Sussex, she seems to be sound all round, I do have to sort the rubbers out though! I have just joined the club, I’m hoping there might be some help sourcing rubbers, hope so.
Do you live local? Have you got an old banger?
Cheers Tone.
828CC Posted - 13 Oct 2019 : 10:48:29
Hi Tone
Have to ask.. Was it the dealer advertised one in West Sussex? I was second in line to view that one. It certainly looked the part, so do hope it not just skin deep...
Can't help with the engine number, but of course with the age and plethora of other 1725 units that will fit (Hillman, Humber, Singer et al) it's not unusual to find one without the 'original' power plant.
Good luck with it :-)
CBC
JPSH120 Posted - 13 Oct 2019 : 08:35:45
Welcome to the forum and the club, Tone.

This isn't the busiest of forums, but someone will be able to help you with your questions I'm sure.

Jason.

Sunbeam Rapier Owners Club © 2009 Sunbeam Rapier Owners Club Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000