Help!
 Fastback clutch
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

JonandJude

United Kingdom
84 Posts

Posted - 03 Apr 2017 :  09:35:05  Show Profile  Visit JonandJude's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi all,
So while the car has been sat the clutch has decided to pack in and won't dissengage.
On first appearance it looked like the actuator arm wasn't moving very much and as the slave cylinder looked pretty corroded I thought it was probably that so put a new one on, but no no difference.
So before I split the engine and gearbox to check/replace the clutch can anyone tell me if the actuator arm should be moving more than 1/2"-3/4" measured where the push rod connects to the arm going through the bell housing? It doesn't seem enough to me so am wondering about master cylinder? Also there is no feel on the pedal, as though your not pushing against anything.

1972 Rapier H120

JPSH120

United Kingdom
1168 Posts

Posted - 03 Apr 2017 :  09:46:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Jon,

If you can do so safely, start the car in gear to try and free the clutch plate to see if that helps.

You need to get it free before deciding on next steps.

BTW - Are you still considering selling? There is a new member on here looking for a nice H120.

Jason.

Go to Top of Page

JonandJude

United Kingdom
84 Posts

Posted - 03 Apr 2017 :  10:09:15  Show Profile  Visit JonandJude's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi Jason,
Yes had the car out yesterday and started her in gear but no amount of clutch action made any difference.
There doesn't feel any weight to the pedal so I'm guessing it's the bearing or pressure plate.
Fortunately I've got a ramp so can get her up in the air but still a job I'd rather not be doing.
Yes she is still for sale, was going to get some new pics done and do some ads as the season is starting but if new if the member wants to take a looks sans clutch I'd be happy to come to an arrangement. He can always contact me here or on 07988 518176

Edited by - JonandJude on 03 Apr 2017 10:10:04
Go to Top of Page

JonandJude

United Kingdom
84 Posts

Posted - 05 Apr 2017 :  10:47:55  Show Profile  Visit JonandJude's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Well that's that sorted, silliest thing, hadn't bled the slave properly and want getting the full throw.
Lesson learned, don't bleed hydraulics in a rush.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Sunbeam Rapier Owners Club © 2009 Sunbeam Rapier Owners Club Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000