Help!
 series seat belts
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

vintageman

United Kingdom
19 Posts

Posted - 31 Jul 2012 :  01:16:06  Show Profile  Visit vintageman's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I'll be bringing home my new (to me) series IV later this week. One of my first tasks will be to fit seat belts.

Any advice on the a style that won't upset access to the rear seat will be appreciated

Thanks in anticipation

David

Stella

France
132 Posts

Posted - 31 Jul 2012 :  06:28:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi David,

I used "http://www.quickfitsbs.com/ " for Stella's Rapier V and they provided period style automatic belts, in the colour of our choice, with angled fittings that put the belt over the shoulder, not down the arm.

We also chose period buckles without stalks, or you can have modern with stalks if you so desire.

I would recommend this company to anyone, they were very helpful, gave good advice, answered all my questions quickly, gave a delivery date, and kept to it!!! (colour swatches are available on demand). And NO I do not have any link with the company, I am just a satisfied customer!

Clive

quote:
Originally posted by vintageman

I'll be bringing home my new (to me) series IV later this week. One of my first tasks will be to fit seat belts.

Any advice on the a style that won't upset access to the rear seat will be appreciated

Thanks in anticipation

David

Go to Top of Page

vintageman

United Kingdom
19 Posts

Posted - 31 Jul 2012 :  11:23:11  Show Profile  Visit vintageman's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Stella

Hi David,

I used "http://www.quickfitsbs.com/ " for Stella's Rapier V and they provided period style automatic belts, in the colour of our choice, with angled fittings that put the belt over the shoulder, not down the arm.

We also chose period buckles without stalks, or you can have modern with stalks if you so desire.

I would recommend this company to anyone, they were very helpful, gave good advice, answered all my questions quickly, gave a delivery date, and kept to it!!! (colour swatches are available on demand). And NO I do not have any link with the company, I am just a satisfied customer!

Clive

quote:
Originally posted by vintageman

Thanks in anticipation

David

Thanks Clive & Stella

Quickfit are within driving distance so I'll be contacting them very soon

Our cars are twins even down to the badge bar with 3 badges!

We've toured in France in a variety of classics so may well see you next year or we're about an hour from the Dieppe-Newhaven ferry

David

Edited by - vintageman on 31 Jul 2012 11:33:18
Go to Top of Page

Stella

France
132 Posts

Posted - 31 Jul 2012 :  11:55:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi David..

It would be great to see the cars side by side. There is a gentleman in Bordeaux who bought one in Paris in 1966.. and he still has it.. so we might end up with 3 identical cars in the photo..

Look under the bonnet and let me know if you see a tag marked SRTR...with numbers.. my frenchman tells me he has no idea what it means or what it is for, but we both have such a tag... do you??

regards

Stella

Go to Top of Page

vintageman

United Kingdom
19 Posts

Posted - 14 Aug 2012 :  01:45:51  Show Profile  Visit vintageman's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Front seat belts are now fitted. I bought them from FDTS at West Byfleet as Quickfit had a 3 week waiting list and estimated 10 hours labour for fitting!! Very happy with my custom made belts, just need to work out how to fit two in the rear.

Here's a (rather poor) pic of the car http://s172.photobucket.com/albums/w10/Pearl_1936/?action=view¤t=Rapier.jpg- the original wheels are being refurbished

And Yes it does have an "SRTR" tag but as a newbie I'm unable to guess
Go to Top of Page

Mr A.the Hun

United Kingdom
65 Posts

Posted - 21 Aug 2020 :  15:32:59  Show Profile  Send Mr A.the Hun a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Hello, 8 years later. Did you manage to fit rear seat belts?
Go to Top of Page

vintageman

United Kingdom
19 Posts

Posted - 19 Sep 2020 :  00:08:47  Show Profile  Visit vintageman's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Yes lap belts only in the rear

The hardest part was finding a garage prepared to drill the floor. Most didn't want to know, I guess due to liability issues. FDTS http://www.fdts-seatbelts.co.uk/ is still live and I'm sure they will be very helpful again if contacted

quote:
Originally posted by Mr A.the Hun

Hello, 8 years later. Did you manage to fit rear seat belts?

Go to Top of Page

Mr A.the Hun

United Kingdom
65 Posts

Posted - 25 Sep 2020 :  20:50:00  Show Profile  Send Mr A.the Hun a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Thank You.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Sunbeam Rapier Owners Club © 2009 Sunbeam Rapier Owners Club Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000