SROC Web site
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Spon54

United Kingdom
4 Posts

Posted - 27 Nov 2009 :  17:35:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This is great! Looks like we can have some fun with this. Congratulations Mr Webmaster. General Secretary, SROC.

Spon

Edited by - on 29 Nov 2009 11:33:02

bigt80

United Kingdom
1051 Posts

Posted - 28 Nov 2009 :  20:13:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks for those encouraging words. Yes; hope we can get a few back who used to post. Word will hopefully spread & we can share some thoughts, help & assistance on things Rapier on here. Cheers.
Go to Top of Page

TurboZed

United Kingdom
94 Posts

Posted - 10 Dec 2009 :  03:04:41  Show Profile  Visit TurboZed's Homepage  Click to see TurboZed's MSN Messenger address  Send TurboZed a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Maybe you could do an e-mail shot to let club members know that the forums is back and running? Thats if you have alot of members e-mail addresses mind you!
Jim

Looking for a Mk6 Rapier....
Go to Top of Page

Spon54

United Kingdom
4 Posts

Posted - 12 Jan 2010 :  16:27:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'll see if that is possible. Hopefully it will be advertised in the next edition of the Club magazine, Cut & Thrust.
Spon

Spon
Go to Top of Page

Spon54

United Kingdom
4 Posts

Posted - 12 Jan 2010 :  16:30:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Jim,

Believe it or not there was a Series six Rapier. It was never marketed as such and is believed to be the first of the Fastbacks, which was the Rapier version. I have a book showing details of the Series VI and the specs look good for the Fastback.

Spon.

Spon
Go to Top of Page

TurboZed

United Kingdom
94 Posts

Posted - 12 Jan 2010 :  21:20:55  Show Profile  Visit TurboZed's Homepage  Click to see TurboZed's MSN Messenger address  Send TurboZed a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks for that Spon, I've seen them refered to as fastbacks, series 6 and Mk6s in various places, so I've never been sure what was the official termnation. I suppose yopu can't go wrong with a fastback...better update my sig!

Regards,
Jim Gough

Looking for a Mk6 Rapier....
Go to Top of Page

bigt80

United Kingdom
1051 Posts

Posted - 13 Jan 2010 :  10:58:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Spon54

I'll see if that is possible. Hopefully it will be advertised in the next edition of the Club magazine, Cut & Thrust.
Spon

Spon

Yes, there are a few former forum members who have not returned since this new forum was created, so yes again; there is a piece going in the next C&T. Cheers. G.
Go to Top of Page

Holbay120

United Kingdom
177 Posts

Posted - 30 Jan 2010 :  09:28:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
With regard to a mark 6 Rapier I remember reading somewhere that there was going to be such a car but then the powers that be at rootes decided against it and renamed (or badged?) it Humber Sceptre (the one before the Hunter shaped one) there are a number of beautiful examples around and I've always thought it was a lovely car, I nearly bought one a couple of years ago but when I got the chance of my H120 for some strange reason I completely lost interest in it - wonder why!

David McKenna

Edited by - Holbay120 on 30 Jan 2010 09:30:15
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Sunbeam Rapier Owners Club © 2009 Sunbeam Rapier Owners Club Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000