Series V Back suspension.
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

jimlagos

United Kingdom
205 Posts

Posted - 06 May 2018 :  22:26:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Owning a series V rapier with sagging back springs, I'm looking around for a solution. Firstly have the springs re-tempered after re-forming them. Secondly Finding a supplier of new springs. Thirdly, has anyone installed coil over shock absorbers to assist the back suspension?
Finally, if anyone has a pair of back springs that I could purchase to have them serviced, enabling me to have the change over done quickly to save having the car off the road for too long.(anywhere in Europe, I'll collect)
Thanks gentlemen and Ladies
Jim

jim

pruyter

Netherlands
320 Posts

Posted - 07 May 2018 :  14:08:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Jim,

I saw op Ebay a pair of springs which were offered since yesterday.
The item number is 292545945244.

Regards,

Peter
Go to Top of Page

jimlagos

United Kingdom
205 Posts

Posted - 07 May 2018 :  20:12:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks Peter
He doesn't specify which model series it is. Would you know if all the series cars had the same springs?

jim
Go to Top of Page

pruyter

Netherlands
320 Posts

Posted - 07 May 2018 :  21:18:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Series IV and V have the same springs. Before the series IV the springs were different.
Go to Top of Page

jimlagos

United Kingdom
205 Posts

Posted - 08 May 2018 :  10:34:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Once again thanks Peter

jim
Go to Top of Page

jimlagos

United Kingdom
205 Posts

Posted - 09 May 2018 :  10:41:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I've sent a question to the seller on Ebay. I'm trying to find the age of the car that these springs came from, but no reply yet! I won't bid until I know the age of these springs. It looks like I'm still looking for a reliable manufacturer, or somebody who'll service the springs from my car. I would prefer getting a good set to exchange the ones on my car, so not having to take the car off the road while mine are done. The final alternative is installing "coil over" shock absorbers to ease the load. If anybody has any success stories about rear springs, I'd love to hear.

jim
Go to Top of Page

Panky

United Kingdom
70 Posts

Posted - 09 May 2018 :  11:22:55  Show Profile  Visit Panky's Homepage  Send Panky an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I used Mancunian Springs in Manchester to re-temper, re-shape and fit an extra leaf for my Commer PB coach built camper. Very quick turn around and £200 for a BIG set of springs that have lasted well. A friend of mine uses a place in Yorksire, if that's any closer to you, and he pays a similar amount for PB springs - he has even had modified springs made for those who want to lower their vans, I can get the details if required.

Edited by - Panky on 09 May 2018 11:23:46
Go to Top of Page

jimlagos

United Kingdom
205 Posts

Posted - 09 May 2018 :  14:29:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks Panky. P.M. sent to you.

jim
Go to Top of Page

Panky

United Kingdom
70 Posts

Posted - 09 May 2018 :  17:23:43  Show Profile  Visit Panky's Homepage  Send Panky an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Hi Jim, nothing has come through yet.

John
Go to Top of Page

jimlagos

United Kingdom
205 Posts

Posted - 13 May 2018 :  21:09:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hiya Panky, I tried again. Perhaps relay the information on here. Incidentally I received a reply from the breaker for those advertised springs. They're from a Series 3a Rapier, so no good to me.

jim
Go to Top of Page

Panky

United Kingdom
70 Posts

Posted - 15 May 2018 :  16:12:34  Show Profile  Visit Panky's Homepage  Send Panky an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Sorry it took a while to get in touch with my mate. Owen Springs of Barnsley is the place he uses. Hope it works out.
Go to Top of Page

jimlagos

United Kingdom
205 Posts

Posted - 16 May 2018 :  08:07:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks Panky. I'll send an enquiry to both companies and see if they can help me.

jim
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Sunbeam Rapier Owners Club © 2009 Sunbeam Rapier Owners Club Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000