Twin 40s
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

aaronallen

United Kingdom
2 Posts

Posted - 16 Oct 2017 :  16:00:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Wanted advice on the numbering system on the Weber 40s on the h120 and the Hunter gls.

paul marshall

United Kingdom
136 Posts

Posted - 16 Oct 2017 :  23:58:51  Show Profile  Send paul marshall an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Hi there, hunter gls all had pairs marked 40DCOE34 and the other 40DCOE35 (some h120's had 90 and 91) under that mark is a number or number and letter - typical can be 3445 or 657 or 7568, it can be anything , numbers with letters will be something like 4F or 3C, now the dont have to be consecutive but it helps if they are within a hundred or so of the one next door, numbers with letters i have usually seen both marked the same "3C" on each carb etc, but not always, the "matched" pair refer to the progression holes and they must be the same size on the pairs of carbs, thats why as long as they are close together they should be matched. now the thing in their favour and why people like them is their accuracy, but lids can be swapped (along with everything else) so check but they can all be sorted , i have several pairs in various states from stuck to fully rebuilt ready to go. As with most things holbay that ive learned over the years is not to believe a word of anything until ive seen it/done it/ tried it etc. so suck it and see, they sell for between 150 and 250 when pictured on a kitchen table, 250 upwards when on a car, a lot more if they are on a manifold with an airbox but as they can be tuned to fit anything people will buy them for fords or whatever, they hold their value so dont be afraid to buy some you will get your money back two years later. i have manifolds and other stuff to go with them. the jets are in the manual, they can all be changed to suit. their is no generalisation with tuning if you want more read a book by john passini , weber carburettors , theory tuning and maintenance. if you can read and understand that you will know more than most after a couple of days thinking.i hope this helps rgds paul the 34/35s differ from most weber 40 dcoe as they do not have the round air hole in the front of the carb (front being the air in end)the 90/91's do have the air hole

paul marshall
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Sunbeam Rapier Owners Club © 2009 Sunbeam Rapier Owners Club Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000