Series V voltage regulator location
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

sharootes

United Kingdom
3 Posts

Posted - 31 Dec 2016 :  10:25:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Morning & a happy new year to all. Can someone direct me to the location of the voltage regulator that both the temp & fuel gauge use on a Series V Rapier? Having made the decision to sort out the inaccurate reading of both I thought I'd start with replacing the regulator as this seems to be the most likely culprit. I have followed the wires from both gauges but they disappear into the covered loom never seeming to reappear. The wiring diagram doesn't seem to assist with actual location either. There are what look like regulators in the engine bay either side of the bulk head but having methodically removed wires to see if either of these affect the gauges I don't think they are anything to do with it. There doesn't seem to be anything hiding behind the dash either. Help!

Thanks.

sharootes

United Kingdom
3 Posts

Posted - 02 Jan 2017 :  20:45:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Found it! It should have been attached to the rear of the dash but had been removed, wrapped in black tape & then hidden up in the inner bulk head. Now replaced with a modern solid state version & all works wonderfully.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Sunbeam Rapier Owners Club © 2009 Sunbeam Rapier Owners Club Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000