Short engine
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

jimlagos

United Kingdom
205 Posts

Posted - 01 Feb 2016 :  15:29:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
If anybody is interested, I have a short engine for a series 4 Rapier. The bad news is that the block has frost damage and cracked by the engine nearside drain tap. However if anybody can make use of the internal arts they're welcome. It ran with decent oil pressure so internally components are probably ok. Crank, oil pump, pistons etc.
I'm in Redditch, so if you can arrange collection it's yours for free. If not claimed in a week or two it goes in the scrap bin. It breaks my heart to see it scrapped! I have an engine crane handy so can lift it into any transport.
The Engine number is B3300493 OD

jim

Edited by - jimlagos on 01 Feb 2016 15:30:50

bigt80

United Kingdom
1051 Posts

Posted - 06 Feb 2016 :  19:35:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Jim,
From a very early Ser IV there - any details of the car it came from?
Picking up an engine on the 15th & may be able to save it and collect it en route from the other one? Will speak to electricnick & let you know. Cheers. G.
Go to Top of Page

jimlagos

United Kingdom
205 Posts

Posted - 06 Feb 2016 :  21:37:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Greetings
It's nearly all that is left of that barn find that I collected. I'll go to the stores and check the number, still on the number plate!
Peter in Holland is after a few little bits off it, if nobody else has a use for it. Incidentally I still have the bonnet from it, surprisingly rust free, but obviously needs stripping and painting. I'd like money for that, as the car still owes me a few quid!

jim
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Sunbeam Rapier Owners Club © 2009 Sunbeam Rapier Owners Club Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000