Third time round...
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Mooresy

United Kingdom
161 Posts

Posted - 29 Jul 2013 :  10:31:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Here's the gold/yellow H120 again. I guess it didn't find any takers last time and he has been 'Resting' it. You assume a deal has been stuck, but no, back they bounce. That's ebay.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1975-sunbeam-rapier-h120-fastback-/251311765817?pt=Automobiles_UK&hash=item3a83593939

Edited by - Mooresy on 31 Jul 2013 09:03:03

arrocuda

United Kingdom
501 Posts

Posted - 29 Jul 2013 :  17:59:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'll bet it doesn't make the same money as it did first time around now he's took the reserve off.

Building the 'Mark II' fastback Rapier ('Arrocuda').
Go to Top of Page

Mooresy

United Kingdom
161 Posts

Posted - 15 Mar 2018 :  22:29:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Here it is again nearly 5 years later...
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Sunbeam-Rapier-H120-Project-Barn-find-requires-work/302671751936?hash=item4678a46b00:g:~UsAAOSwuR1aqnWV

Metallic yellow / gold with webasto sun roof, JYB 67N.

Still looks exactly the same. I always wondered what happened to this one. Well now I know - Nothing.

I looked at this as it was reasonably local to me in Warrington.
Think the new owner has summed it up ok as it was full of lifting filler. The webasto roof was a bad fit with the rest of the roof being hand painted in matt black (not vinyl as it looks).
Decided it wanted too much doing.

Here's the original Ad at £2,550
http://car-from-uk.com/sale.php?id=37723
Go to Top of Page

paul marshall

United Kingdom
136 Posts

Posted - 17 Mar 2018 :  22:51:49  Show Profile  Send paul marshall an AOL message  Reply with Quote
well he has to be close to selling it this time, at time of this post sat 22.50 pm bid to £2900, reserve not met, i wonder if it will meet reserve or if the high bidder/winner will actually follow through and pay up! all to often we see stuff re listed, oh well.....we will see..

paul marshall
Go to Top of Page

Mooresy

United Kingdom
161 Posts

Posted - 18 Mar 2018 :  11:05:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I kind of regretted not buying this one, but then again you dont know how the prices will go. I thought at the time it needed too much expenditure verses final value.

It runs well (well it did at the time) but needs a complete strip down with lots of repairs to all the usual places. It does look presentable on the pictures but dont they all, but better than most.
If i had it i would gave to get hod of a roof skin and patch up that poorly fitting Webasto.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Sunbeam Rapier Owners Club © 2009 Sunbeam Rapier Owners Club Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000