Sunbeam Rapier Owners Club
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Introduce yourself
 1969 Alpine GT

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Insert an Image File

T O P I C    R E V I E W
bigaadams Posted - 06 May 2019 : 22:37:56
Not new to Sunbeam, just new to the fastback series. As stated, car is question is '69 fastback. The body is about the most solid one of these I have seen, thus my acquisition. However it is not pristine. The mechanical are rarely ever a problem but getting new rubber seals may prove to be a nightmare. Very little information on the internet, nothing on wiring, and the one book I saw offered for sale has a negative comment that it was of little value to the US sold version. Anyway, will post a few questions. I am in southeast US, Georgia.
6   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
bigaadams Posted - 10 May 2019 : 01:19:27
quote:
Originally posted by JPSH120

If you ever need pdf copies of pages from the workshop manual I'd be happy to help, but the copy you've managed to get will be a good start.

Thanks, appreciate the offer very much. Every time I get a different older car, regardless of similarities, I like to read the repair manual cover to cover just to get familiar with the model.
JPSH120 Posted - 09 May 2019 : 19:01:20
If you ever need pdf copies of pages from the workshop manual I'd be happy to help, but the copy you've managed to get will be a good start.
bigaadams Posted - 09 May 2019 : 02:42:23
UPDATE....shipping was about twice the price of the book...now I know why it was posted as may not ship to USA. Shipping is about out of control the world over it seems. Got a call from the guy that I got the car from, he came across the repair manual he had in captivity. I picked it up this evening. Big load off my mind having some tech data to refer to.

Thanks all
bigaadams Posted - 07 May 2019 : 20:44:18
Thanks, have sent an inquiry to the ad owner.

bigaadams Posted - 07 May 2019 : 20:16:31
Thanks, have sent an inquiry to the ad owner.

JPSH120 Posted - 07 May 2019 : 11:06:09
Hi there and welcome to the forum.

Not sure how many differences there are between the UK & US models, but it would be worth getting hold of the original workshop manual as below;

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Chrysler-Hillman-Hunter-Range-Minx-Gazelle-Vogue-Sceptre-Alpine-Rapier-Manual/352554451202?hash=item5215e20102:g:rz4AAOSwNTNcJPwJ

Sunbeam Rapier Owners Club © 2009 Sunbeam Rapier Owners Club Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000