Sunbeam Rapier Owners Club
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Introduce yourself
 Newbie for 2017

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Insert an Image File

T O P I C    R E V I E W
72RPR Posted - 31 Dec 2016 : 22:18:37
Hello from Brisbane, Australia where it is 2017, and at 0800, just 31C!
As a Kiwi I have owned several Rootes Group cars, (14) overall, and now that I'm retired own 1958 Series II Rapier Convertible and a very rare (for Oz) 1972 Fastback. Chrysler/Rootes did not import for sale, Fastbacks as they were busy selling Mitzi's and Valiants. Fastbacks were sold in NZ and my first one was a 1969 model. Unfortunately for me, it is no longer around, still on the NZ inactive register but I was unable to locate its whereabouts or owner, hence buying the one I have now, imported from the UK. Running-gear parts are relatively easy to come by as Chrysler built and sold Hunters in Oz, only body parts are not so readily available. I look forward to reading your Forums this year. Many thanks for accepting my application to join, I am a member of the Sunbeam Owners Club Queensland and Treasurer of the Rootes Group Car Club Queensland.
2   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
72RPR Posted - 10 Oct 2018 : 06:45:18
Hello Talbot, I haven't looked at this page for a while hence a late reply. My Rapier Fastback in NZ rego was FJ6142 sold in Christchurch about July 1979 to Crawford Motors. Had I found it a few years ago, I'd have imported it into Australia and restored it. Now I have a 1972 model and I am afraid that it will have to do now as I'm over 81 yoa.
Talbot Posted - 02 Jan 2017 : 08:22:45
What was you NZ rego of your fastback ?

Sunbeam Rapier Owners Club © 2009 Sunbeam Rapier Owners Club Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000