Sunbeam Rapier Owners Club
Sunbeam Rapier Owners Club
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 For Sale & Wanted
 Cars Wanted
 Me too

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Insert an Image File

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Arran Posted - 24 Oct 2013 : 15:11:17
Hello
I would like to buy a Sunbeam Rapier Fastback in any good condition. I am not the mechanical type, so I need for changing the windscreen wipers nearly a garage job. Neither do I want a show piece with which driving on the bad roads on a Scottish Island is an impossibility.

The Fastback will be the second car in the family and I will use it for my occasional travels to the east coast of Arran to do shopping etc. Also to some SROC venues if I can manage to meet other addicts. The family car is mostly used by my wife to go to work, I hate it profundly: it is so «sensible» and no fun at all.

After three Imps I bouhgt one in the 70ies in Switzerland for about 4 years and drove with it for fun in club races on the Hockenheim Ring. Thanks to the overdrive (and my skill? ) I was able to keep the 1800 BMW's behind me on the short circuit. They just had not the imminent power out of turns thanks to the Rapier's technique. However, bar once, one or two of the rats always got the better of me.

So, if anybody thinks I could be a good person to look after one of the nicest cars I ever had (amongst them a MGB, Jag 420G and a Rover Vitesse 827), please inform me. It might be the standard one or, preferably, the H120. Cash payment not a problem, however I would not come south without some sort of being sure it is the car I want. And then I would like to drive home.

Sunbeam Rapier Owners Club © 2009 Sunbeam Rapier Owners Club Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000