Sunbeam Rapier Owners Club
Sunbeam Rapier Owners Club
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 For Sale & Wanted
 Parts Wanted
 Period Radio

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Insert an Image File

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Malc Posted - 27 Oct 2021 : 13:52:03
Hi Guys, would anyone have an original radio that was fitted to the series V they wish to sell, or where I may be able to get hold of one.

Thanks
Malc
6   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Malc Posted - 15 Nov 2021 : 13:51:22
Thanks Gerry, I have got hold of one with out the roote logo not fitted yet, if yours is in good working order and in reasonable condition I would be very interested.

Regards

Malc
Gerrymac Posted - 15 Nov 2021 : 02:51:21
Hi Marc I have wat you are looking for the radio with the roots logo if you r still interested . Let me no
Gerry
Malc Posted - 01 Nov 2021 : 13:29:23
Thanks Commerlad,

I have managed to get one off ebay with out the rootes logo unfortunaely, little to much to ask for that really but it is a Radiomobile 1070.
Thanks for your help guys.

Malc
Commerlad Posted - 31 Oct 2021 : 09:05:47
That is what is fitted in my 66 Hunter. (Also had Oil Pressure and Ammeter extras as well)

Sometimes I think laterally, but then I have to get up!
Malc Posted - 29 Oct 2021 : 12:15:27
Thanks AAA, just what I needed, now I know what I am looking for.

Regards

Malc
AAA Posted - 28 Oct 2021 : 15:08:07
My knowledge is mainly fastback, but I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong for the series cars!

The original optional radios from Rootes dealers were Radiomobiles according to the accessory brochures. New for 1967, these were badged with a pentastar and said Rootes rather than just Radiomobile. From 1971 the fascia design changed completely and was badged Chrysler, but it was still a Radiomobile unit behind it all. A couple of versions were consistently offered, one with push button station selection, and a cheaper version without.

I would suggest something like a Radiomobile 1070 or 80x would be perfect! They turn up on eBay frequently at a variety of prices and conditions, some modified with mp3 leads! The photo is from the late 1966/early 1967 accessory brochure for the new minx/hunter/imp cars, and shows a Radiomobile 1070. Hope this helps!

Sunbeam Rapier Owners Club © 2009 Sunbeam Rapier Owners Club Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000