Sunbeam Rapier Owners Club
Sunbeam Rapier Owners Club
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 For Sale & Wanted
 Cars for Sale
 Glade Green Series V At Auction

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Insert an Image File

T O P I C    R E V I E W
828CC Posted - 12 Aug 2020 : 11:40:31
Any one familiar with this car at all? Looks very pretty, though not 100% 'original' (not that these things worry me, I'm buying to enjoy, not sell)
Only fly in the ointment is poor (or lack of) history. Online search shows last changed hands last year, but not taxed since '88 (even as 'historic' this wouldn't qualify 'til '92?) and no MOT history at all. Surely such a restoration would be worth a cursory test for added 'saleability'??
Without any paperwork it falls into 'gamble' territory, and at a 500 mile round trip to inspect I'd hoped to shorten the odds, somehow...

https://mathewsons.co.uk/auctions/auction-dates/vehicles/14950-august-entry-1967-sunbeam-rapier-v
10   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
828CC Posted - 23 Aug 2020 : 13:56:58
The cynic in me might say that could just be the start... But for the new owner hopefully not!
tgr747 Posted - 23 Aug 2020 : 13:45:43
Have been told it sold for just over £11k
tgr747 Posted - 21 Aug 2020 : 17:36:59
Keep looking,it’s out there some where.
828CC Posted - 21 Aug 2020 : 10:23:58
Yes, viewed last week. Excellent car and I'd recommend viewing to anyone wanting one (but be nice to the vendor, I think he's suffering: 'time waster' fatigue, and put me in that category ), but....
Having started this love affair forty years ago with a Lagoon Blue Series V, I sadly found that I couldn't go back, next one needs to be different..
May sound daft, but have you seen your first girlfriend recently??
tgr747 Posted - 21 Aug 2020 : 09:54:24
Have you seen the metallic blue one on eBay at the moment,it’s been for sale for a while now.
828CC Posted - 19 Aug 2020 : 20:45:20
Someone has made a very good job of the bodywork and interior. It starts well and shows good oil pressure.
But, as I mentioned in my first post, mechanically beyond that it's all conjecture with no history.
It would be disingenuous of me to put too much personal opinion on a public forum, suffice to say I won't be bidding on it...

They also have another Rapier for auction on the same day (Lot 55) I did have a cursory glance but I'm sure many here will find it, erm... 'interesting!'
tgr747 Posted - 19 Aug 2020 : 17:37:58
What’s your opinion of it?
828CC Posted - 19 Aug 2020 : 11:36:41
I did the 500 miles to view..
Navigator Posted - 19 Aug 2020 : 11:03:53
As far as series rapiers go it looks like a real stunner, a beautiful colour - depending on ones taste. On looks (photos) it’s hard to fault and at a reasonable price. It’s a pity the boot plinth wasn’t re-chromed during it’s restoration. Sometimes we have to accept that there are cars out there that don’t have any history, either by lazy owners, or was lost or misplaced over the years. Strange though there aren’t any photos of it’s restoration, the before and after. To go through all that expense and not document the work carried out? An essential part of the cars rebirth, or new history so to speak. You would expect a new folder of invoices, for all work carried out including all items bought for the restoration. I’m restoring a 1976 Fastback at the minute, it came with absolutely no history, only the logo book. Replacement engine, so no matching numbers. Its new history will now begin with me. Photos will and have been taken at every stage of its restoration.
rapier123 Posted - 12 Aug 2020 : 19:48:15
Looks like a very nice car on the pictures and the estimate seems reasonable, i would not be put off with it being off the road that long, as you usually find the straighter cars are the ones that have been stored(correctly) for donkey's years, as they have not been passed through the hands of different owners with bodge on top of bodge! just to keep them on the road. The main thing i would want to see would be pictures of the car before and during the restoration to make sure all metal repairs have been done correctly.

Sunbeam Rapier Owners Club © 2009 Sunbeam Rapier Owners Club Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000