Sunbeam Rapier Owners Club
Sunbeam Rapier Owners Club
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 For Sale & Wanted
 Cars for Sale
 Bitter green fastback - eBay

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Insert an Image File

T O P I C    R E V I E W
JPSH120 Posted - 03 Feb 2020 : 11:20:39
Don't think I've seen a non H120 bitter green fastback before, but here's proof there was such a thing.....

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Sunbeam-rapier-spares-or-repair/233482588182?hash=item365ca59016:g:I~gAAOSwgzZeNWwx
9   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Commerlad Posted - 01 May 2020 : 13:46:03
I think there was a real person bidding this time, Look at the £400 bid and that is about all it's worth in reality. Seller now hss put it up to £680 with his crap schill account with zero feedback. Just wants too much for a car that they do not legally own (Still do not have paperwork). They have been trying to do some work on it though. radiator is now in boot pity they snapped the thermostat housing while undoing the top hose,

Sometimes I think laterally, but then I have to get up!
paul marshall Posted - 28 Apr 2020 : 21:59:11
its back on again...........
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1972-Sunbeam-Rapier-Fastback-Coupe-Restoration-project-Barn-find/283860835323?hash=item42176c9bfb:g:QtYAAOSwT99ed7qM

paul marshall
paul marshall Posted - 22 Mar 2020 : 22:16:04
its back on again, this time it has a good engine and gearbox!!!!!!!!!! im pretty sure its siezed,oh dear, its a complete shed dont touch it its not fit even for banger racing as its been on those forums, its been in a hedge not in a barn.
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1972-Sunbeam-Rapier-Fastback-Coupe-Restoration-project-Barn-find/283824009319?hash=item42153ab067:g:QtYAAOSwT99ed7qM

paul marshall
Navigator Posted - 10 Mar 2020 : 12:59:13
With time moving on, we’re getting close to a point where no Fastback is beyond saving.
How many are left out there that are yet to be discovered? Fastbacks here in Ireland are as rare as leprechauns. I placed an ad looking for Rapier Fastback parts and to my surprise I got a reply. A chaps has parts but wants to sell the whole car, understandable. At the moment no pictures, don’t know the condition or colour, manual or automatic. Watch this space. Will post pictures if I get any.
paul marshall Posted - 20 Feb 2020 : 20:56:29
its back on again, and looks like hes bidding on it himself again
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Sunbeam-rapier-spares-or-repair/233498858332?hash=item365d9dd35c:g:I~gAAOSwgzZeNWwx

paul marshall
paul marshall Posted - 04 Feb 2020 : 22:26:41
rgds above comment - i tried contacting the seller when they first showed the two cars, yes i got excited thinking the bitter green one might be an h120 but someone told me it wasnt, i couldnt get a reg number at the time, he probably had a load of people on it but it was a bit to far away to take a chance on, ive been to sheffield and sunderland to get genuine h120s but as ive seen quite a few fastbacks i recognise when its just not worth it.........

Yes Jason it rolls so half way there! not like the greenhouse i have in the yard, rear springs through the floor and a posts left in the hedge!

paul marshall
andyb Posted - 04 Feb 2020 : 10:43:20
I agreed to purchase this when it first came to light along with the other dark green car, the vendor had no documents for either and didn't know who the owners where so I had to decline

Somebody on here was asking about this car a good few years ago

sometimes nothing can be a real cool hand
JPSH120 Posted - 04 Feb 2020 : 09:52:19
I thought you would almost consider this one road worthy Paul
paul marshall Posted - 03 Feb 2020 : 22:38:14
Be careful folks!!
this was pulled out of a hedge about six months ago or so, it has been doing the rounds on various facebook pages and is probably the second or third owner since the hedge, so i expect its a complete shed!!!!!!must admit looks better than my hedge find h120, i do like the bitter green colour

paul marshall

Sunbeam Rapier Owners Club © 2009 Sunbeam Rapier Owners Club Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000