Sunbeam Rapier Owners Club
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 General Chat
 Rear Springs

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Insert an Image File

T O P I C    R E V I E W
cdady Posted - 29 Jun 2019 : 11:39:22
My series IV rear leaf springs are a little tired, and as I tow another car with her (with the boot full of tools and spares) it would be good to either replace the springs or find some spring assisters. Does anyone know of suppliers for either of these? Many thanks Chris

CMDADY
10   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
jeremyshaw Posted - 26 Oct 2019 : 13:15:58
Check these out. I've just had them delivered and I'm hoping they'll cure my sagging series V. https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_osacat=0&_odkw=superior+spring+assisters&_from=R40&_trksid=m570.l1313&_nkw=hot+rod+spring+assisters&_sacat=0
cdady Posted - 20 Sep 2019 : 16:23:59
Thanks again to you all for your thoughts - I can use the number given and will place an order for some new ones and report back

CMDADY
UMU Posted - 19 Sep 2019 : 13:05:38
Oh that's a shame. But thanks for the update
pruyter Posted - 18 Sep 2019 : 10:20:10
Series Rapiers don't have a McPherson suspension,so they don't have struts! In front are ordinary shock absorbers combined with a coil spring while the suspension is of the wishbone type.

Regards,

Peter
UMU Posted - 18 Sep 2019 : 10:00:46
Hia, are you sure it's your springs that are tired. I replaced the struts and its transformed the car...

pruyter Posted - 16 Sep 2019 : 12:14:39
I don't know what you mean by OE number, but if you mean the parts number used by Rootes then it is: 1218252.

Regards,

Peter
cdady Posted - 16 Sep 2019 : 09:37:22
I have had no luck with springs, so will get some made as they are not a bad price. Does anyone know the OE number of series 4 rear leaf springs?
Thanks

CMDADY
cdady Posted - 18 Jul 2019 : 18:24:20
Thanks for your help - I am a club member so will talk to both Mike and Jones
Best Wishes
Chris

CMDADY
AAA Posted - 09 Jul 2019 : 12:27:13
I originally had my fastback springs re-tempered by a company in Nottingham, but they came back worse than useless! In the end, I sent them to Jones Spring in Birmingham who sorted them out and fitted them with an extra leaf - that was over ten years ago and no problems since! I have subsequently used Jones Spring to make two replacement front springs and re-temper the rear springs (replacing the main leaves with new too) for our pre-war Armstrong Siddeley. Prices are very reasonable and turn around has always been very quick!
JPSH120 Posted - 30 Jun 2019 : 22:40:22
There are some companies on line who advertise this service for classic cars in addition to modern cars.

Have a Google and make some phone calls.

If you are a club member (?) then it's probably worth contacting series spares man, Mike Langley, for advice.

Sunbeam Rapier Owners Club © 2009 Sunbeam Rapier Owners Club Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000