Sunbeam Rapier Owners Club
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Introduce yourself
 New fastback.

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Insert an Image File

T O P I C    R E V I E W
pollystag Posted - 14 May 2019 : 10:10:45
Been a member a few weeks now,struggling to get my photos small enough, but this is the car on my trailer after 34yrs in a garage in crewe.

13   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
ebdons Posted - 15 May 2019 : 22:49:04
Yep! I expected the welding, these rot like mad, but some of it is to do with the thin gauge body panels, no wonder they got so much out of a car with 1.7L motor? and my car has the original paint which looks to be 1 or 2 coats of topcoat at most, with a blue/grey primer. Linwood penny pinching? or normal factory procedure? onward to success! Ton
pollystag Posted - 15 May 2019 : 21:57:10
Looks like you are in for a welding marathon there,I hope you can get all the panels you need.
I was lucky with mine I got it started and serviced replaced all the braking system and then m.o.t'd it and it passed with just one advisory for a bit of welding about an inch square on an outrigger.

ebdons Posted - 15 May 2019 : 21:25:03
Hi yes images a little large but that size is max on this forum under jpeg spec. yes will look at the rear structure soon but I know by tapping the rear valance it drops rusty metal on the garage floor so I reckon on a new rear valance and supporting structure, but I have budgeted for lots of panel and welding work. will see as the front looks okayish so far. Ton
JPSH120 Posted - 15 May 2019 : 19:49:17
That boot floor doesn't look too bad. Have a look where the spare wheel cradle is attached, that is often a place that collects muck and rusts through. Also a good idea to remove the black trim panel at the back of the boot to expose the fuel tank. Then check the condition of the 2 rear strut mounts, another area that can rot through.

Look at my resto thread and you'll see what I mean
pollystag Posted - 15 May 2019 : 19:30:39
Think yours need to be about 250kb as it's a little large,ha
Aha, this on is 219 and has actually come out.

ebdons Posted - 15 May 2019 : 18:31:09
Hi, sorry to hijack your post as I was trying to test my file size issue and maybe help you as well, some more pics of the outside, just starting to see what work is needed on the underside.
just testing and they load ok if using MS paint to resize to 500kb and ok up to that.Ton

pollystag Posted - 15 May 2019 : 13:01:44
I have reduced about half a dozen photos to below 200kb, the board is saying image accepted but it just comes out as above.
JPSH120 Posted - 15 May 2019 : 09:19:19
Attaching a picture is not a problem, file size is usually what causes the issue.

If you make sure the file size is Max 500kb it should upload OK. File type is quite specific too, ensure you have jpeg images and then you will be good!
Panky Posted - 14 May 2019 : 22:25:45
I use Imgur to host my pictures, it's free and dead easy to upload then link to a reply.

pruyter Posted - 14 May 2019 : 22:00:49
Incredible that it is not possible to post pictures on this forum without that one has to try all kind of tricks in order to get the job done. That is the reason that I have stoppped trying to post pictures on this forum.
Fortuneately there exists other Rootes forum which accept a picture without the need of investing a lot of time to get it working.
The big question for me is: why this situation is like it is for many years?

Regards,

Peter
pollystag Posted - 14 May 2019 : 21:49:36
Cheers mate that's how I got the first photo on and I have resized a few more but when I put them on this is how it comes out.
ebdons Posted - 14 May 2019 : 21:26:58
Hi, you might need an image resizer like (irfanview freeware) or list your images to jpeg.ton
pollystag Posted - 14 May 2019 : 19:56:56
Ok,anyone know why it's doing this?
I have posted one photo ok but this one is not showing for some reason.

Sunbeam Rapier Owners Club © 2009 Sunbeam Rapier Owners Club Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000