Sunbeam Rapier Owners Club
Sunbeam Rapier Owners Club
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 For Sale & Wanted
 Cars for Sale
 1971 Sunbeam Rapier for sale.

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Insert an Image File

T O P I C    R E V I E W
BenTech Posted - 25 Mar 2019 : 10:29:40
Hi all.

I have my late fathers Sunbeam Rapier for sale. It has been sitting on the drive since 2015. It was driving up to then. But my father was ill, so never took it back out. The tires and engine would need servicing and checking to get it back on the road. I would hope not much work would be needed, but I am not sure.

Everything looks reasonable, but I'm not a mechanic.

She seems to have good bodywork for the age. But the interior carpets would need replacing.

I'd love to keep her, with such a simple engine (no computer!) and a great look. But I don't have a drive to keep it on while repairing or anywhere to park it.

Mileage is just over 37000.
I have seen that on Ebay, Sunbeams in similar condition go for around £2000. Is that right?

I also have some spare parts and fittings. I will have to check on what history it has, have some of the magazines and Haynes manual. I'm not sure on the service history at this point though.

As you all seem really knowledgeable and it was a show car previous to my father purchasing it, I thought best to post it here first. To see what you think. :)

Thanks!

(Link to images)
Car
https://imgur.com/xzjOntB
Gallery
https://imgur.com/a/lwaYRg4
4   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
BenTech Posted - 06 May 2019 : 17:33:31
This is now up for offers/viewing. Took longer to clear the house/land than I was expecting.

https://www.gumtree.com/p/other-vehicles/classic-sunbeam-rapier-1725cc-engine-white-1971-saloon-for-sale/1339200964

Sorry I would not know how to get this started, or simple parts swapped/cleaned from it standing.
BenTech Posted - 26 Mar 2019 : 16:46:07
Whoops, forgot to say where I was. I'm in the Lincolnshire area.

Sadly I would not have the space or time to do it up myself. Though it is tempting! ;)

I will let you know if I can did out the service history, or get it checked for if it will start. I've only checked if the starter motor ticks over/instrument cluster comes on when the key is put in. I'd have to get someone else to help with fuel flushing/sparks/filters etc. But it does have oil in it!
paul marshall Posted - 25 Mar 2019 : 22:09:58
i sent you an email ben rgds paul 07947632976

paul marshall
JPSH120 Posted - 25 Mar 2019 : 17:07:12
Hi Ben and welcome to the forum. Sorry to hear about your Dad first off. Whereabouts are you based? Is storage not available near you to enable you to keep the car? They really are very straight forward to work on and if you've found the owners club, you have all the expertise you need at hand.

I've had a look at the photo's and the car looks like it is in great condition considering it has been untouched for 3-4 years.

Values of fastbacks have been creeping up steadily, I would expect this car to fetch more than £2k, it looks like it only needs some basic re-commisioning (although i can't see what it's like underneath etc).

If you are unable to keep it, as a minimum I'd look into getting it MOT'd so you know what needs doing. A car with a ticket and confirmed to have no major issues will be more appealing to buyers.

We're available to answer questions for you :)

Jason.

Sunbeam Rapier Owners Club © 2009 Sunbeam Rapier Owners Club Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000