Sunbeam Rapier Owners Club
Sunbeam Rapier Owners Club
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Technical
 Help!
 Clutch Plate fitting

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Insert an Image File

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Stella Posted - 04 Jul 2018 : 09:10:43
Please can you tell me what is the "outcome" of fitting the Clutch Plate the wrong way round???

This is a serious question, as we are at our wits' end.

Have replaced and checked both master and slave cylinders..bled like blazes... yet still not getting sufficient clearance.

Now wondering whether or not the replacement clutch plate was fitted correctly. Running out of ideas.

cheers

Stella
2   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
pruyter Posted - 05 Jul 2018 : 09:52:57
Hi Stella,

I know we have discussed this before (a few years ago) but....are you sure that the slave cyliner is installed correctly i.e. at the gearbox side and not at the engine side? The second mistake which is possible is that the bleeding nipple is placed in the wrong hole, it should be in the upper hole of the slave cylinder.
If there is not made a mistake regarding the above, there is not much else to do than checking the position of the clutch plate. I have never heard of this before but there is always a first time I am afraid.
I don't know what you have done with the clutch, but if you have installed new parts then the possibility is there that the after markt parts are not being produced very well. I know of examples of clutch cover assemblys which were of the wrong hight with the result that the clutch could not come free.
Just some thoughts....

Regards,

Peter
Panky Posted - 04 Jul 2018 : 11:14:35
The central boss on the clutch plate sticks out further on one side than the other so if it is fitted the wrong way round it will bind on the cover plate and the clutch wont operate. I had a similar problem on one of my Commers (same clutch) and it turned out to be a poorly manufactured plate where the central boss wasn't positioned properly.

Sunbeam Rapier Owners Club © 2009 Sunbeam Rapier Owners Club Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000