Sunbeam Rapier Owners Club
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 General Chat
 Classic car scene in France

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Insert an Image File

T O P I C    R E V I E W
JPSH120 Posted - 16 May 2018 : 21:30:25
I know we have some forum users who are based in France and I would like to know if there is much in the way of car shoes etc over there.

I am considering moving over and would bring the Rapier with me.

Thanks
5   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Stella Posted - 08 Jul 2018 : 21:51:21
Throughout the year, there are so many Car Shows/Salons/Events. The big ones are organised all over France, near the major cities. These are carefully timed to avoid clashing (makes good sense)

Smaller Shows/Events happen (and clash) every weekend somewhere or another.

Frankly, it will depend where you live and how much travelling you are willing to do.

For us, having a classic in France is great fun... our first few years were frantic, trying to fit everything in...

pruyter Posted - 17 May 2018 : 21:03:31
Regarding to car shows I don't doubt that England must be very tempting, but declaring that England is the only and real country for car enthousiasts is rather bold isn't it?

Regards,

Peter
hillman Posted - 17 May 2018 : 18:29:54
Hello
car shows are listed here:
http://www.lva-auto.fr/agenda.php?rechercheType=1&idCategorie=210&idPays=1&idDepartement=-1&periode=tous

LVA is the place to look at for car shows but do not dream, france IS NOT uk. Carshows are always small apart from 1 or 2 during the year, retromobile in paris, lyon expo in lyon and a lot of very small events in a lot of small cities. autojumbles are all very small except one or two and most are for french cars. Hard to find spares for english cars wich mostly for tax reasons in the 60's were rarely imported to france.
Hope you are not too dispointed but that's truth, infortunately.
England is the only and real country for car enthusiasts.
This is why I will be in beaulieu this week end.
cheers
johnc Posted - 17 May 2018 : 14:00:14
I lived in France (Brittany) for 10 years with my Rapier and found there are many clubs although quite small local affairs. I did not find that shows as we know them were common,most of the clubs activities were 'drive outs' ending in the obligatory lengthy meal.
Have a look at the Federation Francaise des Vehicules d'Epoque (FFVE) website which has information for clubs etc. in all departments.
I don't know how much information you have about registering your Rpaier but the FFVE also provide the necessary documentation.
I also used to buy Gazoline a magazine for classic car buffs but can't remember if it listed car shows etc.etc.
Regards
Johnc
UMU Posted - 17 May 2018 : 07:46:44
Thatll change your trips to Haynes and B&W showground. Youll have to leave very early in the morning to get a space:-)

Sunbeam Rapier Owners Club © 2009 Sunbeam Rapier Owners Club Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000