Sunbeam Rapier Owners Club
Sunbeam Rapier Owners Club
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 For Sale & Wanted
 Cars for Sale
 Bitter Green H120 Newquay

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Insert an Image File

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Mooresy Posted - 10 Apr 2018 : 22:51:35
Looks a nice one.
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1973-SUNBEAM-RAPIER-H-120-FASTBACK-VERY-RARE/232729349131?_trkparms=aid%3D222007%26algo%3DSIC.MBE%26ao%3D2%26asc%3D49129%26meid%3De8fe75c24be74ac0913fdd723c45acc4%26pid%3D100011%26rk%3D4%26rkt%3D12%26mehot%3Dpp%26sd%3D132551719786%26itm%3D232729349131&_trksid=p2047675.c100011.m1850

Bitter Green 1973 H120 FKV727L. Opening bid at £5,950 (i presume the reserve will be a bit more).
14   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
paul marshall Posted - 17 Apr 2018 : 22:24:37
its now off ebay again so maybe its sold, id be interested to know how much! ..................maybe we will see it at the next meeting

paul marshall
bigt80 Posted - 16 Apr 2018 : 11:09:51
Just caught up on this thread.
Yep, it is a genuine H120 and looks v.g. value at that I would say.
On-line check on DVLA web site will only show make as far as I know.
Most H120's are shown as that on V5, but a few later ones just showed as Rapier, or even Chrysler Rapier, but that's the exception. "How Many Left" rely on there being a difference in order to get separate figs for standard car and H120's; so I would say the majority can be separately identified from DVLA records. Cheers. G.
paul marshall Posted - 15 Apr 2018 : 22:51:38
as jason said , check the plates for the engine numbers , of the three ive had all had correct engine and id to be a genuine H120 but only one said "RAPIER H120" in the v5 box marked model, one says "rapier" and the bitter green m reg was blank! just on v5 as sunbeam and i think body type may have said coupe, anyone can mess around with parts i suppose its up to the buyer it looks good in the pics but as ive always said with stuff you have to look in person to assess the condition, anyway ive just listed my import on candc for 5500 so it will make that car look cheap! good luck to anyone thinking of buying it i dont think you will lose money owning it for a year or two

paul marshall
JPSH120 Posted - 15 Apr 2018 : 20:21:02
quote:
Originally posted by Stig

Hi all

Checking the details on the DVLA site. this fine looking car comes back as a sunbeam rapier no mention of H120. do any h120 owners here know if that's the same for their genuine car? reason for asking is back in the 80s I dropped a holbay engine and a high back boot lid on a standard car. I even added the wing badges and dash badge when they were more available. moresy cleverly noticed these little bits are missing on this car.No one seems to know anything about its history here so I just wondered if this is just a dressed up standard rapier?

Mine comes up as just Sunbeam on the DVLA website. I've checked a few other known H120 registrations and they are all the same.

You could always ask for a close up picture of the vin plate and I.D. tag. If it's a genuine H120 then the I.D. tag will have a reference on it beginning HR.
turbinecol Posted - 15 Apr 2018 : 13:45:28
Just needs to be seen in person before buying, so hard to tell anything from photos, we have a 73 Sceptre which isn't fit for the road, but some pics of it make it look show ready! . I reckon those front wings might be glass fibre, but who knows.
Ps: I wonder if he really sold it or was just a ruse to make people think it's worth top dollar...
Stig Posted - 15 Apr 2018 : 13:36:42
Hi all

Checking the details on the DVLA site. this fine looking car comes back as a sunbeam rapier no mention of H120. do any h120 owners here know if that's the same for their genuine car? reason for asking is back in the 80s I dropped a holbay engine and a high back boot lid on a standard car. I even added the wing badges and dash badge when they were more available. moresy cleverly noticed these little bits are missing on this car.No one seems to know anything about its history here so I just wondered if this is just a dressed up standard rapier?
paul marshall Posted - 12 Apr 2018 : 22:13:03
hi all, so does anyone know the seller? im just interested if there was a buyer and what price was agreed , not that it matters if they pulled out but interested anyway.these are the reasons why not to sell on ebay people treat it as a joke, i hope the seller got a deposit!The other point about if its speculators/traders trying to "flip" it for a profit, nothing wrong with that its a free country ive done it myself but they usually will stick to sure things not unusual stuff like this, its easy to buy a golf for 900 and punt it out two weeks later for 1300 or whatever , or stick to the mg/mini/jag etc where there are more buyers for the marque , maybe if classic traders (that will typically want min 3k profit on a car in the 5k-20k bracket) do get involved in these it may help push up the profile a bit - id like the prices to get to the point where its worth investing the time to weld and paint a car so that they stay on the road but like the alpine fastback this time last year that was bought at auction for 5500 i think, it was on the market for 6 months or more. we will see, i do like it though as i said the best colour in my personal preference.

paul marshall
Panky Posted - 12 Apr 2018 : 19:02:50
Back on again. Buyer pulled out apparently.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1973-SUNBEAM-RAPIER-H-120-FASTBACK-VERY-RARE/332618372516?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649
Mooresy Posted - 11 Apr 2018 : 22:35:49
Probably a dealer or someone looking to flip it for a few quid. Most go that way these days.
Panky Posted - 11 Apr 2018 : 16:21:51
Listing finished early as item no longer available.
JPSH120 Posted - 11 Apr 2018 : 12:41:46
It looks quite nice but I think I'll keep mine thanks

This one was not at Gatwick last year, Pete Wormald had his bitter green H120 on show which is a real beauty!
Mooresy Posted - 11 Apr 2018 : 11:57:13
Yes, its one of the better ones shame this wasn't for sale 4.5 years ago. I would have had this one.
I spent 2.5 years looking for a decent H120 and only managed to look at two that required far to much work / expenditure so I threw in the towel and bought a Karmann Ghia. This is probably one of the nicest and in a great colour.

If I were picky, I'd say that the wings have been done again with whoever mixed the paint 'almost' getting the correct shade. The wing tip profiles look a but 'thick' to me, not quite the right shape?
Also no H120 badging on the wings, grill or glove box?
UMU Posted - 11 Apr 2018 : 07:12:03
According to my photos, It was not at the national.
Interesting that this car is in Newquay, I'm pretty sure I haven't seen it at any of the local shows, etc

paul marshall Posted - 10 Apr 2018 : 23:55:11
yes does look good, id pay that if i had the cash! just got my cypriot import from the shipping company, no rust but crap dash - made by the blue peter "b" team. anyway back to the rapier i think this is the best colour , i had three on the go (well not on the go just sat in storage) and the bitter green one would have been the one i wanted to hang on to but that was the one that sold first and is now in ireland, still have the rebuilt engine and v5 for the other and number three went back to carlisle via ipswich. o hope this car makes a good price it looks excellent.cant remember if this was at gatwick last year? anyone remember?

paul marshall

Sunbeam Rapier Owners Club © 2009 Sunbeam Rapier Owners Club Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000