Sunbeam Rapier Owners Club
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 General Chat
 Brake Servos

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Insert an Image File

T O P I C    R E V I E W
joffr Posted - 23 May 2016 : 22:31:23
Hi, can anyone recommend someone to repair a Girling IIA brake servo? I'm not sure I want to go down the repair kit route as it seems to be a bit hit and miss on the success front. Any pointers much appreciated. Thanks
5   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
joffr Posted - 28 Aug 2016 : 09:25:37
[quote]Originally posted by andyb

Had these guys refurb a brake master cylinder so can recommend their services

http://www.pastparts.co.uk/

sometimes nothing can be a real cool hand
That's great. That was going to be my next question. Do you know if they re-sleaved it?
joffr Posted - 28 Aug 2016 : 09:23:15
[quote]Originally posted by johnc

Hi joffr,
The company I used for the supply of a replacement genuine Lockheed Servo in place of my obsolete Girling unit was J & L Spares Ltd of Rochdale - jlspares.co.uk
I too decided against a repair kit and concluded a proper replacement was the safest option. I think J & L may do reconditioning as when I visited their workshop they appeared to working on various units.

John

Apologies for not responding sooner. Thanks for the pointer John, I'll give them a cal.
joffr Posted - 28 Aug 2016 : 09:21:48
quote:
Originally posted by johnc

Hi joffr,
The company I used for the supply of a replacement genuine Lockheed Servo in place of my obsolete Girling unit was J & L Spares Ltd of Rochdale - jlspares.co.uk
I too decided against a repair kit and concluded a proper replacement was the safest option. I think J & L may do reconditioning as when I visited their workshop they appeared to working on various units.

John

andyb Posted - 24 May 2016 : 11:41:41
Had these guys refurb a brake master cylinder so can recommend their services

http://www.pastparts.co.uk/

sometimes nothing can be a real cool hand
johnc Posted - 24 May 2016 : 11:39:43
Hi joffr,

John

Sunbeam Rapier Owners Club © 2009 Sunbeam Rapier Owners Club Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000