Sunbeam Rapier Owners Club
Sunbeam Rapier Owners Club
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Technical
 Information
 Fastback fuel gauge

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Insert an Image File

T O P I C    R E V I E W
andrew.fr Posted - 20 Jul 2016 : 22:29:39
In preparation for a trip to the LeMans Classic earlier this month, I fixed the fuel gauge, turned out to be a loose earth from the tank. I put 40litres of petrol in and the gauge went to over half full, no problem i thought, looks right, the Fastback has a 60litre tank. Then I realised my gauge only reads to 45litres! So do I have a non-standard gauge with a 60litre tank or were some Fastbacks supplied with a 45l tank/gauge? Just curious.
Andrew

4   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
bigt80 Posted - 25 Jul 2016 : 00:26:13
It's not a`too difficult job to change & there are plenty of 15 gall gauges about for a few pounds/EUR's. But as you say it is something you can live with - indeed it might not be that inaccurate anyway. Cheers! G
andrew.fr Posted - 22 Jul 2016 : 23:06:32
So a previous owner may have changed what he thought was a faulty gauge, without checking the other causes. I don't fancy removing the entire dash just to get the correct gauge fitted, (even if I had a new one) I'll live with it. I need to fill up tomorrow, but have no plans to do 68litres worth of driving in the near future!
bigt80 Posted - 21 Jul 2016 : 10:23:17
áll Fastbacks had a 68 litre tank or 15 gallons as J said. All other Arrow` range of the time had 10 galls or 45 litres. Seems like someone has fitted a Sceptre gauge to andrew fr's car at some point - oops! G
JPSH120 Posted - 21 Jul 2016 : 08:59:46
Easiest way to find out will be to fill the tank!

Mine is 15 gallons just FYI, 1971 car.

Sunbeam Rapier Owners Club © 2009 Sunbeam Rapier Owners Club Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000