Sunbeam Rapier Owners Club
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 General Chat
 Rapier Series 1 glass and vent rubbers

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Insert an Image File

T O P I C    R E V I E W
filister Posted - 07 Sep 2019 : 00:39:37
Hi all, trying to clean up my series one. Could really use a new windshield. (windscreen) New or used as long as it is in good shape. Any sources, USA if possible but anywhere considered. This shares front glass with the minx up to 1958.

Also need 1/4 vent wing window rubbers. I understand they are virtually impossible to get and unique to Rapiers. Any substitutions or something close that can be modified?

Thanks for any help or ideas.
6   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
filister Posted - 25 Sep 2019 : 17:02:40
Thanks, but the Rapier 1/4 seals are not interchangeable with Minx.

I actually ordered these a while back last time they were posted but we determined they wouldn't fit. Notice down in the add it says "not for Rapier" They added that after I ordered. :) That's when I posted on the clubsite. There must be some solution to this. About a year ago a fellow in Australia offered me what he said was "the last set available" I think he was asking about $300 which I thought was a bit steep. I should've bought em.
hillman Posted - 24 Sep 2019 : 07:31:21
This has just appeared on ebay.
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Hillman-MINX-Gazelle-Front-QUARTER-VENT-Rubber-WEATHERSEALS-PAIR-56-67-AUDAX/153655290997?hash=item23c691ac75:g:V0YAAOSwtglcntcM

cheers
filister Posted - 13 Sep 2019 : 20:38:47
Contacted these folks, "no go"
Thanks
jimlagos Posted - 13 Sep 2019 : 07:53:01
It might be worth asking this chap in Holland. He seems to have found a lot of new/old parts and some he gets made. I found him useful for parts I couldn't find in UK.

http://www.rootesparts.com/

jim
filister Posted - 08 Sep 2019 : 15:33:15
Thanks for the lead. I contacted this fellow and he said he no longer makes these seals. But FYI, He does still sell front and rear windscreen rubbers. the center seal between front and rear side glass, the firewall steering column seal and the gas tank filler pipe seal.
hillman Posted - 07 Sep 2019 : 07:46:54
Hello,
ask this man which ebay pseudo is attached here : frschoen_83.
he remanufactures a lot of rapier seals and rubbers and is a very very nice man.

Sunbeam Rapier Owners Club © 2009 Sunbeam Rapier Owners Club Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000