Sunbeam Rapier Owners Club
Sunbeam Rapier Owners Club
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Technical
 Help!
 Stud supplier

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Insert an Image File

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Bodiam Posted - 19 Feb 2019 : 16:31:53
Just had my 111A alloy head back from the repairers and find that the UNF threads on the 5 studs which hold the lower thermostat housing to the front of the head have been damaged.

I’ve tried Speedy and Alpine for replacements but neither can help me and I wondered if anyone on the forum could suggest a possible supplier.

I believe the part numbers are 29805133 (2 required, 5/16” UNF/UNC x 1 5/8” long) and 29805103 (3 required, 5/16” UNF/UNC x 1 1/4” long).

If possible, I would also like to get hold of a single rocker pedestal stud, part number 29605263 (5/16” UNF/UNC x 3 1/4” long) but I think I can save this one if unobtainable.

Thanks in advance for any help.

John
1   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Bodiam Posted - 20 Feb 2019 : 17:43:04
Thank you to those who read my request.

I have been able to obtain enough studs to get me out of trouble from Rimmer, one of the major suppliers of Triumph parts. While not exactly the same, they are close enough.

The Rimmer part is 5/16” UNF/UNC, and is either 1 3/8” or 1 1/2” long, depending on who you talk to. The part number is TE 505111.

Hopefully this information may be useful to someone in future.

John

Sunbeam Rapier Owners Club © 2009 Sunbeam Rapier Owners Club Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000